- Do I spend frequent time alone before God, in the Word and in prayer (Matt. 4:1-11)?
- Do I immediately confess any known sin and turn from it in genuine repentance, without blaming or excuses (1 John 1:9)?
- Do I build into my life protection and accountability in order not to make any provision for the sins that so easily entangle me (Rom. 13:14; Heb. 12:1-2; James 5:16)?
- Do I memorize and meditate on Scriptures that will keep me from temptation and sin (Ps. 119:9, 11)?
- Am I completely truthful in my closest relationships, or do I put on a mask of hypocrisy through deception (Eph. 4:25)?
- Is my love for Jesus Christ fervent and vital because I think often on what He did for me on the cross (Gal. 2:20; Rev. 2:4)?
- Do I truly want God’s blessing on my life, on my family, and on the ministry that He has entrusted to me?
“Search me, O God, and know my heart; try me and know my anxious thoughts; and see if there be any hurtful way in me, and lead me in the everlasting way” (Ps. 139:23, 24).